Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goals, Foundations and Volunteers, oh my...

I know that by myself I can't do the work that needs to be done. I know that new mommies and just about everyone is busy raising families themselves. In the next week I will be meeting with pediatricians and others that are experts in the field of childcare and accumulating the resources that we will need to begin our visits with expectant moms and dads as well as getting the permission to visit new parents in the hospital setting. My goal is to have the ability to start within 2 weeks. That will give the foundation time to get up and running as well as raise more than the $1000.00 I put in today and will help with the cost of materials to hand out. For now I will be giving out my personal phone number to moms that may have the need to talk to someone and don't have the ability to reach out to someone. Every mom should feel prepared to care for an infant even in those times we become frustrated and wonder what we should do. Here's where you come in. Once we have compiled some useful information for moms, we need some volunteers to do some of these visits. Our goal will be to target teenage moms and first time moms (and dad's) first. We aren't opposed to visiting anyone who welcomes a refresher course either. So, let me know what your thoughts are and whether you would be up for volunteering. With a grateful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment