Friday, April 8, 2011

A Little More Time , But Worth It.

After realizing that giveback.org is not yet set up for creating the non-profit, I realized that I was going to have to do it myself. It's quite a process and I am going to have to incorporate while waiting for my tax exempt status. I am going to move ahead after a night of utter discouragement! No sleep and lots of tears. Of course it's not going to be that easy!
This morning I spoke in great length with Ryan at:
 
It is a great organization that disperses information regarding the SBS and how they are trying to get the message out there regarding the dangers of SBS. I understand that they have quite a bit of funding and although he admitted that there is no current organization that he knew of that is "hands on" meeting with new parents and interacting with them one on one and explaining and listening to concerns and frustrations, they really were not equipped to handle this type of service. He agreed that it would be a great service if one did exist. So my idea of teaming up with them went south. In fact, because they aren't in need of funding, he didn't seem too excited about even getting the foundations money. I did ask if they received government grants and he said they did. I think this takes the steam out of fundraising and heading in new directions once the resources are there. I still believe there is a place for those of us that care and I am moving onward to start the non-profit filings. I have in the past created 2 other corporations, so it's within my skill set and I am determined to make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment